Monday, June 18, 2012

Eid Mubarak rocks!

I've been seeing a lot of hand painted rocks on Pinterest lately. They look really fun to do, so I thought I'd give them a try with my five year old, on a typical rainy day in the Pacific Northwest. As a side note, if you are already tired of your heat and summer where you live, please send it our way!


This is a super easy and low cost craft to try...you'll need

Flat rocks
Acrylic paint
Paintbrushes
Bleach

We headed out to the garden and gathered lots of nice flat rocks. We cleaned them up the best we could and set them in bleach water for a little while to make sure there were no bug eggs or something else icky hiding in the cracks. We set them out to dry over night and the next day I gave my daughter the paints, brushes and rocks and let her at them. She picked out all the colors and spent most of the afternoon painting away.



I took the dried, painted rocks and with white paint, wrote out each letter to spell out Eid Mubarak. I added a star on the 'i' and also drew out a moon for the side. I then gave her the rocks and told her to spell out the words Eid Mubarak. It was fun to try to also spell out other words with the rocks (rake, bud, mud, kid, bare, etc). I think we'll make more and have an afternoon playing hangman!

2 comments:

NoorJanan Homeschool said...

These Eid Mubarak Rocks- Rocks!!!

MashaAllah. Ramadhan Mubarak!!

Cinzia Amatullah said...

Congratulations for this blog! I have to try these rocks..they are so fun! mashallah tabarakallah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...